UN Sustainable Development Goals
Sustainability means continuous and controlled social development that takes place globally, regionally and locally with the aim to safeguard good living conditions for this generation and the following. To reach this goal, decision-making and actions have to equally consider three dimensions, environment, humans and economics.
Raumaster recognizes its corporate responsibility and influence in terms of sustainability: we are a global actor, and as a company, have the possibility to contribute to sustainable development through our actions. Sustainability is not new for us but has been implemented since the foundation of Raumaster and therefore is a natural part of our company culture.
Sustainability is promoted especially by the United Nations (UN). The UN member states agreed in 2015 on an agenda for sustainable development reaching the year 2030. Raumaster management has chosen among the UN goals those, that are integral parts of our business culture.
We commit to the following goals and concrete measures to achieving them
5. Gender equality
- We prevent indirect and direct gender discrimination and our ethical rules prohibit discrimination based on gender
- We draw up the gender equality plan referred to in the Act on Equality between Women and Men (609/1986) every two years and inform the personnel when the plan is updated
7. Affordable and clean energy
- We provide technology for the use of renewable fuel and recycled fuels
8. Decent work and economic growth
- We are committed through our certified occupational health and safety management system to the development of matters related to occupational health and safety
- We provide comprehensive and extensive occupational health care for our employees
- We respect the right of our employees to organize
9. Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- We deliver reliable and long-lived equipment designed for use in effective technical infrastructure, for example as a part of the energy management network
10. Reduced inequalities
- We respect that there are differences between our employees and our ethical rules prohibit discrimination based on inequality
- Company management is obligated to intervene in case inequality is reported to, or identified by the management
13. Climate action
- We support our customers in their efforts to reduce the carbon footprint.
- We systematically reduce energy consumption through a third-party audited Energy Efficiency System (EES+).
- We consider the carbon footprint in investments and in the procurement of energy.
- We acknowledge our own carbon footprint and follow a planned approach to reduce it (HINKU – local project for reduction of carbon footprint, electricity procurement, vehicle fuels, etc.).
More information about sustainable development and the Agenda 2030 project of the United Nations can be found at: https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/